Thursday, December 11, 2008

Riley Visits Again


The next card in the Riley Moose series for my nephew Nate is on it's way to his mailbox!

This time Riley was in the Thanksgiving play dressed as a pilgrim holding a turkey.

I try to find designer papers to match the theme of the card page I'm working on. This piece just seemed to fit.








A Thanksgiving tradition in my daughter's family is to go get their Christmas tree a day or two after Thanksgiving. Then it stands in the den or living room for a few days to warm up and let the branches relax. Decorating it is sometimes done all at once; sometimes the lights are put on and the rest of the ornaments are added at a different time.

The snowflake paper was perfect for cutting the Christmas tree! After I took this picture, I added some iridescent snowflakes to the background.





Here's Riley going home after the "Great Christmas Tree Hunt Adventure"!

His scarf is a piece of very narrow ribbon tied around his neck and held in place with tine glue dots. The white lines from a piece of designer paper look pretty much like a road.









When my daughter was shopping last week, she found a stuffed Riley that looks very much like the stamp Riley. Of course she had to get it for me to send to Nate!



"Teddy Riley" will be going out in the mail in a couple days. I want time for the card to get there first!



I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.

Blessings,

4 comments:

Roxy said...

How adorable! Gotta love that Riley.

Deby said...

Ditto to Rox's comment! Adorable, all the way around! Bless you Kathy!

Deby said...

I left you a little gift on my blog. Take a peek...

BritChickNY said...

What a cute stamp! You always make great cards and it is obvious that you love what you do!
Hugs.