Sunday, December 05, 2010

Christmas Cards Galore!

ETA: The Tilda and Edwin Ice Skating card was originally made by Rene.  You can view her card at http://cardsbyrbowen.blogspot.com/2010/10/edwin-and-tilda-skating-in-park.html
Thank you, Rene, for letting me know.  I loved making that card!

I was invited to attend a Craft Show and Sale yesterday, December 4, at Odosagih Bible Conference in Machias, NY,which is about 50 miles from where I live.  So I spent most of the last two weeks or so frantically making Christmas cards.  Of course most of them featured Tilda and/or Edwin.  There are three that are more traditional designs for those who don't know and love Tilda and Edwin as we all do!
This will be a long post as there are several cards.  I made 6 to 8 of each design. 
OK, so here goes --
Tilda and Edwin didn't let the intense snow fall the last few days keep them from enjoying some playtime on their sleds.

Stamps I used are:
Winter Night Background
Edwin on Sled
Winter Day Background
Tilda with Sled

I used a very generous amount of Liquid Applique to add snow to the scenery trying to make it look like western New York.
All coloring was done using Copic Markers. (If I listed all the markers I used, this post would be very, very, very long.)
The iridescent snowflakes came from AC Moores or Michaels and have been in my stash forever.
They are mounted on other flakes punched with Martha Stewart Arctic Snowflake and cut from DCWV Glimmer paper.  The layers are held together with glue dots.

The dp's are from a DCWV Christmas Stack from a couple years ago.

And did you notice?  No flowers on these two cards!!  I only made four each of these.


 Stamps used on this card are:
Snowy Circle Background
Large Sled
Tilda Santa's Little Helper

I put Fun Flock Cotton Ball White on her hat brim and Liquid Applique on the pompom.
The snowflakes were cut using the MS snowflake punch and I added some large gemstones to the centers. They looked bare with nothing in the center. The poinsettias are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The dps from the same DCWV stack. The ribbon is from AC Moore or Michaels.

Don't Tilda and Edwin look like they are having soooo much fun?  I especially like this stamp.
Stamps used on this card are:
Tilda and Edwin on Ice
Park/Pond Background

I copied someone else's idea for this card, so if it's yours, please let me know so I can give you credit for a funtastic idea!!
The background stamp was not wide enough for a 5-1/2 inch card, so the trees were trimmed from a second image and the glued in place under Tilda to hide the cut edge.  Then I extended the curved pond outline.
The snowflake is the same MS punch with 2 flakes held together with a silver brad. All coloring was done with Copics. The skate blades were done with a silver metallic marker. Ribbon is from the stash.


This card idea was copied from Kylie of Kylie's Kraft Room. Thank you so much, Kylie, for such a cute card.  I really LOVED making this one.  It was much easier than I had anticipated.  I cut the star from a tablet back using my Nesties Star die then covered it in a very generous coating of Gold Stickles - another idea from Kylie!  I put gold Dew Drops at the corners of the image panel.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the ribbon from my stash, the papers are from the DCWV Shimmer Stack,  Christmas Stack and SU Handsome Hunter.
Flying Angel Tilda was colored with Copics.

Lots of people looked at this card and were surprised when Tilda floated across the oval!

The inspiration for these two cards came from Norma and her fantastic tutorial for making them.

Vintage Tilda looks so ready to get her tree trimmed as she is patiently waiting for Edwin to get it set up for her.  Lucky for her the Holly Letter was there for her to sit on while she waited.
The sentiment is from SU Bells and Boughs. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The cardstock is SU Handsome Hunter, Real Red and Whisper White.  Coloring was done with Copics. 

Here is a closeup of the cards set up for display.  These are a very different take on the easel cards which I love to make.
Thank you again, Norma, for being so wonderful to share your cards and tutorial with all of us.

The snowflake is an SU stamp.  I used VersaMark to stamp the image and heat embossed it using SU Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  The shapes for the sentiments were cut using my Nesties Deckled Rectangles and Labels Four. People were really surprised when I showed them how to open the card to expose the jotting panel.


Poinsettia Swag card.  This is a really traditional card and I love the way it turned out.

The image is from SU's Bells and Boughs - love that set!
The base cardstock is SU Riding Hood Red layered with Deck the Halls dp and Crumb Cake cs.  The image is stamped on Whisper White and layered on Always Artichoke.  I sponged the edges of the image layer with Always Artichoke.  The sentiment was stamped with Riding Hood Red. The image was colored with Copics.  The ribbon and the rhinestone flower were from my stash.




This lantern stamp and the next hurricane lamp stamp came from Blue Ridge Impressions.  They have some very beautiful stamps and sentiments with Scripture verses.
The card and matching envelope were purchased a couple years ago.  The lantern was stamped on SU Whisper White and colored with Copics. The scalloped oval was cut from Handsome Hunter with my Nestie ovals.  The leaves were punched from DCWV Glitter cardstock using the MS Branch punch and attached using glue dots.
The sentiment was heat embossed using SU silver embossing powder.


This card was also a purchased set.  The hurricane lamp was stamped on SU Whisper White and mounted on Handsome Hunter.
Copics were the coloring medium.  The leaves were punched using the MS Branch punch from DCWV Glimmer cardstock.
The sentiment was heat embossed.  Not sure where that stamp came from, but it's nice for a more formal card.


Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!  Time for a rest.  So - now you know what I've been doing for the last two or three weeks !  It took me a couple hours to put everything away that I hauled out to make these cards.

I sold a few of the cards - not nearly what I had hoped to sell, but some vendors there didn't sell anything. 
I hope you've enjoyed your visit and maybe I've inspired some of you to make some of these cards. 

Have a blessed Christmas season!

Huggeroonies,

8 comments:

Rene said...

I think that might have been my idea from looong ago! Yay, it turned out wonderful! These are just adorable! I especially love the third one!
Rene :D
Here's the link to my card:
http://cardsbyrbowen.blogspot.com/2010/10/edwin-and-tilda-skating-in-park.html

Sharon Caudle said...

They're all totally gorgeous, Kathy! I'm surprised you didn't sell out of them all! You're fingers have got to be tired after this post! Beautiful work as always!
hugs, Sharon

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow, lots of fabulous card here Kathy. Good luck on the show :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Regina said...

Kathy!!! All your cards are marvellous!!! The same thing happened to me at the Fair. I´m not sure, but I think that here people are not sending greeting cards as before!! Internet is faster and easier for them. It´s so sad because everyone love to receive a card at their mail box.
Have a marvellous week!!
Hugs
Regina

Card Crazy said...

Boy, you have been busy! Great bunch of wonderful cards. I especially like the Liquid Applique treatment on the tree/house scenes. Very pretty and delightfully different.
Sue S.

Only By His Grace said...

Wonderful job of all your cards kathy.
it's a shame they didn't all sell as it wasn't because they weren't nice enough. They are lovely. They are all so lovely and bright.
hugs Maz

Peggie said...

Oh my have you been busy. Wonderful cards. Don't think I could choose a favorite.

Sandy said...

Goodness gracious Kathy - you have made a ton of fabulous cards here!
As my grandmother would say - it was a feast for sore eyes!!!!
Sandy