Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Inventory Reduction Challenge # 56 - Get Well

This past week was probably one of the least productive I have had in many, many years.  So my Inventory Reduction Challenge #56 - Get Well is really late getting posted.
Get well cards are usually pretty simple to make.  However, this one certainly was not.  I started this one last Monday - a week ago.  I just finished it this morning - UUGGHH:(

I had some really gorgeous paper in the My Mind's Eye Simply Delightful stack that I fell in love with when I saw the stack at JoAnn Fabrics. It goes beautifully with SU Purely Pomegranate or Cherry Cobbler papers.

I stamped the Park/Pond background with SU Soft Suede ink. I wanted to have those beautiful snowflake-like flowers show as much as possible.

Sweet Christmas  Tilda is sitting on the Pink Bench.  Both images are popped up on Dimensionals.  Sorry, I didn't keep a list of Copics used.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and Magnolia.
The inside of the card is covered with two coordinating papers from the Simply Delightful stack.

The ribbon is SU Purely Pomegranate.  The heart charm is from my stash.  The tiny silver cord holding the heart is from my friend Doris who was cleaning out her sewing/craft room.  She thought I might like some of her project leftovers. 

I really LOVE this plaid paper.  Only wish there were a lot more sheets of it in the stack.

The cloud shapes were cut with Nestabilities  Labels Fourteen.  The tiny rosebuds were from WOC.

This card is going to my friend Pam O. who had open heart surgery last month.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed this little bit of cheer from Tilda!

Huggeroonies,

8 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow Kathy ! this card was worth waiting for. It is just beautiful. How clever to stamp the pond, on this wonderful background paper, what a stunning effect. Tilda is just too cute,sitting there, thinking ! gorgeous flowers. Beautiful card.
Hugs.

Deeanna said...

Very cute card.. You did a great job..TFS Dee

Christina C. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Kathy!
Beautiful job, inside and out! Love this little Tilda! You created a lovely scene for her.

Elle said...

This is a beautiful card. I LOVE the background. Very pretty colors.

cathylynn said...

WOW Kathy this is totally awesome and well worth the wait. Your DPs are so pretty and your coloring is great.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Rene said...

You had me at "plaid!" I LOVE it... especially the plaid inside! Fabulous!
Rene ;D

Anonymous said...

I love your little Sweet Christmas Tilda, she's fast becoming a favourite, very pretty card
Hugs Julie P

Norma said...

Kathy, adorable Tilda and beautifully coloured. This is one Tilda that I don't have--will have to add her to my next order. Oh I love that plaid DP--beautiful mix of colours.
hugs,
Norma