Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Baby cards

Good Saturday to all!
I think I jinxed western NY in my last post by saying we were enjoying the mild weather. At least at 10:30 pm on Thursday we were:) On Friday morning we had a couple inches of blowing, drifting snow and very nasty conditions:( The snow storm has ended for now. My hubby has finished plowing the driveway and shoveling off the deck and steps just getting ready for the next storm sure to come. So much for weather reporting.

I have completed two baby boy cards for special people. Our precious daughter in the Lord, Jodie, had a baby boy on October 12, the same date as our daughter's birthday! I know I am very late getting her card done. In the same package I included her birthday card (Dec 16) and her Christmas card.
Here's her card:
The stamp is Whiff of Joy Willow with Infant.
I colored it with Copics trying to simulate water coloring.

The papers were pre-cut 6" x 6" pieces in my stash, probably Stampin' Up. The larger background piece is embossed with a Sizzix folder from SU. The smaller piece isembossed with Cuttlebug Love Language folder. The paper used on the base is from a DCWV stack.

The image is stamped on Cryogen. I just love the shimmer in that paper. The bottom was Martha Stewart's Floral Lace Punch.

The ribbons and pearls are from my stash.  The flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts.

A young couple from our church had their little guy during the holidays. Their family has been our neighbor for years.  Their card is nearly identical to Jodie's.  The punched edge and ribbons are different.


I ran a very narrow ribbon through the lace and then tied the bow.  I had tried leaving the narrow blue ends longer, but couldn't get the look that I had in mind.

I realized I had forgotten the pearls after I had taken this picture.

The punched edges on this card were Martha Stewart's Valentine Lace punch.  I remember when this punch first came out, it was nearly impossible to find, but I did find it!!

The sentiment panel was cut with Nestabilities Labels Four dies.

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look at some non-Maggies cards.

Huggeroonies,

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my this is precious!!!!!Beautiful image and fabulous coloring too!!!! THE design is also gorgeous!!!!! Way to go Kathy!!!!!

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhh, how very precious, Kathy!
Beautiful job ....love this sweet image and that bow is stunning!

Regina said...

Kathy!!! What a gorgeous card. I love the colors and what a cute image.
Have a wonderful Sunday!!

EnblogSail said...

Love the sweet image! Sweet baby blue too!
Caryl

Sandy said...

Beautiful cards Kathy and congratulations on a new grandson!!
sandy

Barb Hardeman said...

Your cards are so precious, Kathy! What new mom wouldn't love to receive such a pretty memento of the arrival of their wee one! You did a beautiful job! Hugs...Barb

Chris said...

This is beautiful!

Chris said...

Gorgeous card.

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! this is very pretty Kathy, love this precious image, I am certain you daughter will be very happy.
Hugs.

Elle said...

This is a very beautiful scene! So precious.