Thursday, February 07, 2013

Hiking Edwin and Amish Get Well cards

Finally got my grandson's birthday card in the mail.  It was finished on time, but I wasn't able to get to the PO until last Monday.

I used Hiking Edwin and Hiking Background to create Jeremy's card.


I colored Edwin with Copics.  The background was stamped on SU's Garden Green then trimmed and torn to give it the look of a landscape. That was then glued to a Bashful Blue background for the sky.
No ribbons for a boy card so I used a piece of hemp twine.
The ladybug sticker was from my stash.


I added buttons from my stash and tied with more of the twine.  The sentiment panel was cut with Spellbinders Label 14 dies. 
Jeremy lives in Georgia so I really don't see him very often.

The mother of several of the Amish children my husband drives to school fell and broke her ankle.  She is not a happy camper right now.  My DH suggested that I make her a card with an Amish bonnet on a cast.  Hmmm - that took some time to find a picture of a cast that would work and the the bonnet that I could resize to fit the cast.

Here is what I came up with.


The kids said she liked her card!  My DH was critical of the way the bonnet was.  But, it looks OK to me.  I tried to shade it enough so the brim and crown sections weren't one big black blob.

What do you do with a cast after it has been removed?  Take a look --


I know, I know!  The cast gets cut and wouldn't work very well as a vase :-(  But -- it works very well on this card!!!!!
The tulips are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The sentiment panel was cut using Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles.  The sentiment was from a sayings website.

Thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again very soon.  I hope this has been fun for you.

Huggeroonies,

No comments: